Carbon cycles in soil
University of Aberdeen, Aberdeen, UK PhD candidate 2017.10 – Press
The School of Biological Sciences Major: Environmental Science
Supervisors: Professor Pete Smith and Professor Paul Hallett
Beijing Normal University, Beijing, China Master of Science 2014 – 2017 College of Global Change and Earth System Science Major: Global Environmental Change
1. A full profile analysis of carbon vs. tillage practice in the NFS and STAR experiment of UK
2. Evaluating the soil carbon stock of different land use types in arid and semi-arid area of China and its change with the soil depth.
3. Studying the soil organic and inorganic carbon accumulation of cropland in the Yellow River Delta, the conversion process and the controlling mechanism.
Active research projects:
Title: Modelling and measuring soil organic carbon under different tillage practices in agricultural soils of the UK
Description: My study focuses on the vertical and spatial distributions of soil organic carbon under different tillage practices over time, and will be delivered through a combination of analysis of data from the medium-term field station in UK (e.g., NFS project and Mid-Pilmore tillage experiment), and application/development of the DNDC and DayCent models.
1. Yang Guo, Xiujun Wang*, Xianglan Li, et.al, 2016. Dynamic of soil organic and inorganic carbon in the cropland of upper Yellow River Delta, China. Scientific Reports, 2016, 6. DOI: 10.1038/srep36105
2. H. J., Shi, X. J., Wang*, Y. J., Zhao, M. G., Xu, D. L., Li, Y., Guo. Relationship between soil inorganic carbon and organic carbon in the wheat-maize cropland of the North China Plain. Plant and Soil 2017: 1-14
3. Fei Feng, Jiquan Chen, Xianglan Li , Yunjun Yao, Shunlin Liang, Meng Liu, Nannan Zhang, Yang Guo, Jian Yu & Minmin Sun. Validity of Five Satellite-Based Latent Heat Flux Algorithms for Semi-arid Ecosystems. Remote sensing, 2015, 7(12).
4. Yang Guo, Xianglan Li*, Xiujun Wang, et, al. Profile distribution of soil inorganic and organic carbon in farmland in arid and semi-arid areas of China (In Chinese). Acta Pedologica Sinica. 2016