Remote sensing applications in planetary exploration and cryosphere, and use of drones for environmental research
I started my career as a Research Fellow after receiving the Defence Research and Development Organisation’s fellowship conferred by the Ministry of Defence, Government of India, to conduct my glaciological research at the Snow and Avalanche Study Establishment (SASE). I completed my PhD during my time at SASE and joined as a Research Associate in the USAID funded project entitled “the contribution to high Asia Runoff from Ice and Snow (CHARIS)”, coordinated by the University of Colorado-Boulder. In 2016, I joined Luleå University of Technology (LTU) Sweden as a postdoc and subsequently worked there as a Senior Lecturer. My research in LTU focused on Mars surface processes and cryosphere. I also served a short-term collaborative affiliation of Senior Researcher (Planetary Science) at the National Space Science and Technology Center, UAE University. In May 2020, I received Honorary Senior Lecturer position at the University of Aberdeen (UoA) and from July 2020, I am working as a Senior Lecturer at UoA.
Active research projects:
Sustainable WAter Security through the Development of Artificial Glaciers (SWASDAG) in cold arid desert of Ladakh, India (Funded by Swedish Research Council between January 2018 and December 2020)
1. Bhardwaj, A., Sam, L., Martin-Torres, F.J., Zorzano, M.P. (2019). Are slope streaks indicative of global-scale aqueous processes on contemporary Mars? Reviews of Geophysics, 57.
2. Bhardwaj, A., Sam, L., Martin-Torres, F.J., Zorzano, M.P. (2019). Discovery of recurring slope lineae candidates in Mawrth Vallis, Mars. Scientific Reports, 9(1). DOI: 10.1038/s41598-019-39599-z
3. Bhardwaj, A., Sam, L., Martin-Torres, F. J., & Zorzano, M. P. (2019). Distribution and Morphologies of Transverse Aeolian Ridges in ExoMars 2020 Rover Landing Site. Remote Sensing, 11(8), 912.
4. Bhardwaj, A., Sam, L., Martín-Torres, F. J., Zorzano, M. P., & Ramírez Luque, J. A. (2019). UAV Imaging of a Martian Brine Analogue Environment in a Fluvio-Aeolian Setting. Remote Sensing, 11(18), 2104.
5. Gaffey, C., Bhardwaj, A. Applications of Unmanned Aerial Vehicles in Cryosphere: Latest Advances and Prospects. Remote Sens. 2020, 12, 948.