Hydrocarbon losses in basin and petroleum systems
Data assimilation and machine learning in Geoscience
Hydrocarbon losses and impact on climate
1. Geology Researcher at University of Aberdeen, Scotland, UK Oct 2017
• Create geological models in frontier sedimentary basins of West and Central Africa
o Use stratigraphy, well log data, tectonic settings, and other data to model the burial, thermal and hydrocarbon generation histories of basins.
2. Earth Scientist at Chevron Nigeria Limited, Lagos, Nigeria Aug 2016 – Jul 2017
• Provided Earth science input for a reservoir review
o Quality checked, analysed, and interpreted cased-hole and open-hole well log data
o Estimated petrophysical properties (porosities, water saturations) from the well logs
o Generated structural cross-section (initial and current), hydrocarbon fluid distribution map (Initial and current), average reservoir net-to-gross map, average porosity map, and remaining net oil map
o Calculate the volume of the reservoir using both deterministic and probabilistic methods
o Worked with a Petroleum Engineer to identify Non-rig workover potential for wells.
3. Geoscientist at Gemstone Concepts Incorporated, Akure, Nigeria Mar 2014 – Jul 2016
• Trained geologist and petroleum engineers for Green and All Grace Energy Abuja on oil and gas reserve evaluation, 3-D seismic interpretation and modelling, well log analysis (formation evaluation), and fundamentals of petroleum engineering
• Loaded files (LAS, LIS, DLIS, or client formats) from varying media to a dedicated software (Petrel, Prism) and quality checked log data.
4. Geoscientist at Laser Engineering Limited, Port-Harcourt, Nigeria Sep 2013 – Feb 2014
• Modelled 3D static reservoir from seismic and well data
Active research projects:
Title: Hydrocarbon losses in sedimentary basins
Descriptors: methane seepages, basin models, heat flow models