In 2017/18 ECCI and SAGES facilitated five student internships.
100% of students learned beneficial new skills during the SAGES Innovation programme.
100% found the internship useful for future career prospects.
‘A great process to integrate academic and private business insights.’ Industry placement
‘The interns skill-set and previous experience was very well suited to our business activities and became a great asset to the company.’ Industry placement
‘This has made me think differently about how I should and will present my research.’ SAGES PhD student
- Space Intelligence – provides satellite data analysis and maps of forests, deforestation and forest degradation
- WHRL – Highly efficient waste heat recovery technology that recovers heat energy lost by industrial refrigeration systems
- East Africa Sisal Company – Innovative ethical business using sisal fibre to develop sustainable materials
- Carbomap – forest mapping specialists that apply state-of-the-art science to the problem of measuring and mapping the world’s forest carbon
- ClimateXChange – Scotland’s centre of expertise connecting climate change research and policy
Could you take part in an industry placement? Contact Katherine Maxwell, ECCI Project and Innovation Officer.