Find an expert in Climate, Energy and Water
This area of SAGES site allows you to locate individual experts in your area of environmental interest.
The typology behind this search engine is based on urgent topics for research identified by a horizon scanning exercise of contemporary Scottish and UK Government environmental policy documents, as well as the language used by Government funding bodies supporting research for policy purposes. Pertinent examples of these horizon scanning documents are listed below. SAGES member expertise is then broken down into further subcategories identified within these documents to pinpoint member expertise for maximum benefit.
The aspiration is that this typology will aid in bridging technical and linguistic gaps between the scientific and policy communities. About 20% of SAGES members have self-identified their research as it aligns within this typology. Preliminary results of mapping member expertise according to the typology are represented in the map below.
Scottish and UK Government environmental policy documents used in this typology:
- Scottish Government Climate Change Plan [and initialresponses]
- Scottish Energy Strategy
- Biodiversity Plan 2020
- Land Use Strategy 2016-2021, and 2011
- Hydro Nation 3rd Annual Report
- Nature Conservation (Scotland) Act (2004)
- National Planning Framework for Scotland (2009)
- Biodiversity Duty (2004)
- Climate Change Act (2008)
- Scottish Planning Policy (2010)
- Farming for a Better Climate (2011)
- Flood Risk Management (Scotland) Act (2009)